So shines a good deed... in a weary world. - Gene Wilder

HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
PS4 Owners: Adexus, Adman, Dempsey, Devil, Drege, Fridge, Hollow, Kerns, Mr.T, Q, Raul, Saint, SIN-MOG, Sinner, SittingNowhere, SlayerxD, Unknown Guy, Viktor,
Xbone Owners: lolAdman, lolAdexus, lolDevilsoldthatmotherfucker, lolScratch

Share | 

Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sinner
2nd Wave Battalion

Ammo : 532180

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:58 pm

too late. fucking swede jocky strap (rabbe) is already scheming.

Perhaps let's go slow with it on every TLOU gamenight we have. This weekend, we'll start with simple bounties for most downs/exe/deaths/revives for now. Using those statistics, Kerns and I will determine the odds and we'll try it next gamenight? sound good? I will make this a forum tonight and set up the gamenight buy-in thread. I will say right now, you MUST BUY IN ahead of time to be a part of it. Unsure what to do if you don't show and you bought in, probably will just take your ammo away Razz

Last edited by Sinner on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:00 pm

Kerns wrote:
Well the odds would change and vary over the course of game nights, they wouldn't be totally static. Meaning if Sin plays shit this week and his odds are high, and then plays great next week his odds will shoot way back down. Betting is not fool proof, I am sure you have seen movies where the bets have been fixed, fighters taking a dive ect. Bets are risky by nature and there no way to totally secure them, I would hope you guys are sincere enough to not pull that kind of shit :p
this is fine but im assuming the odds for TLOU wont be the same for CoD, this just may get complicated, have to make sure and be a part of every game night it seems just to get odds.
Back to top Go down
Sinner
2nd Wave Battalion

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:02 pm

could randomize the odds somehow? or is that not how it works?

Raging Demon
Raging Demon

Ammo : 512963

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:03 pm

iNx wrote:
How would that translate for other games, would there always be a time when everyone plays with no odds just to get stats for the odds for the new games, or what about a new player ?
Would depend on the game and what we could use to create odds and bet on, the thing about bets is you can basically gamble on any aspect you want, the trouble is finding the objective data to make odds for it. As far as creating them for a new game we could so Sin's idea about having a basic pot split depending on the total amount bet for the first game night to get the data needed to start getting the odds for later game nights, and new players joining in would get a basic 2:1 odd until after I could get the data from them playing to adjust and give them an appropriate odd rating.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:07 pm

Alright kerns you seem to have an answer for it all, id be game for a shot at this.

Also been reading up on odds and betting lines... Sin Wink
Back to top Go down
Sinner
2nd Wave Battalion

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:13 pm

iNx wrote:
Alright kerns you seem to have an answer for it all, id be game for a shot at this.

Kerns just impressed me on steam. He'll be the judge for the 2nd bookie.

Dead Cell

Ammo : 520153

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Sinner wrote:
iNx wrote:

Teaching you how to bet? :p

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sinner
2nd Wave Battalion

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:14 pm

ain't about how to bet, it's how it works :Pbetting is easy. you pick a competitor and lay down your life savings. isn't that how it works? He showed me what they do with my life savings.

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:16 pm

... I know i can understand this shit.
Back to top Go down
Kerns
Raging Demon
Raging Demon

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Sinner wrote:
iNx wrote:

Haha, well I have the numbers aspect, now we just need the muscle... :3

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sinner
2nd Wave Battalion

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:18 pm

that rabbe scared imma do shitty and then just rape everything out of nowhere.

2nd Wave Battalion

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Kerns wrote:
Sinner wrote:
iNx wrote:

why did i think of devil for hounding ppl for their owed money?

Cult of Personality
Cult of Personality

Ammo : 8998

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:19 pm

When the word muscle came up I knew I'd get mentioned.

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Kerns wrote:
Sinner wrote:
iNx wrote:

Im ready im ready...

Hhaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:29 am

Have you guys thought about people that won't be in the game night that still might wanna gamble ? Cause I would do it here and there when I wasn't playing.
Back to top Go down
Sinner
2nd Wave Battalion

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:10 am

iNx wrote:
Have you guys thought about people that won't be in the game night that still might wanna gamble ? Cause I would do it here and there when I wasn't playing.

i suppose you could make a personal bet or a challenge against the house for this week.

Raging Demon
Raging Demon

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:01 pm

You can still call out bets, as along as there are people around to take them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sinner
2nd Wave Battalion

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:31 pm

teams are going to be random except for kerns and adrock vs me and q up to 1 game (adrock/sinner) and 7 games (kerns/q).

HOOK 'EM
HOOK 'EM

Ammo : 2062

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:12 pm

So could we also make wagers on other things in this faction? Say our Fantasy Football League or other sporting events? Like say the winner of the league gets so much or make weekly bets on the match ups? Or say that the Cowboys will be better than the Niners or Longhorns will finish ahead of Michigan? Bets like that?

2nd Wave Battalion

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:13 pm

FreshNasty wrote:
So could we also make wagers on other things in this faction? Say our Fantasy Football League or other sporting events? Like say the winner of the league gets so much or make weekly bets on the match ups? Or say that the Cowboys will be better than the Niners or Longhorns will finish ahead of Michigan? Bets like that?

absofuckinglutely. Didn't even think about that. I would try to keep the sports betting here as well. (there's a reason i put this in the public section via suggestion by miha)

Raging Demon
Raging Demon

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:34 pm

I am not much for keeping tabs on sports and such so it might be good to have another mod in for that section that is for bets of that nature.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:36 pm

*stands at attention...
Back to top Go down
Fresh
HOOK 'EM
HOOK 'EM

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:25 pm

Sinner wrote:
FreshNasty wrote:

absofuckinglutely. Didn't even think about that. I would try to keep the sports betting here as well. (there's a reason i put this in the public section via suggestion by miha)
So to clarify, since this all got real confusing, where would I make such bets? In the specific threads and they are transferred to this sub or make a thread in this sub to start the bets? Sorry just want to keep everything simple and organized haha

2nd Wave Battalion

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:52 pm

it is simple and organized.

everything that has to do with ammo and bets, go into the armory. nowhere else. think of the armory as a bookies. you place and make bets there, you collect bets there but the event always happens elsewhere.

in your case, you'd issue some bets about the cowboys in the armory. you're making the bet there while discussion continues to occur in the sports thread.

makes sense right?

HOOK 'EM
HOOK 'EM

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:01 pm

I think it makes sense now. So the War Room is the thread to place the bets and discuss the terms and such? And then when a bet is agreed upon you make a specific thread for each bet?

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Today at 1:45 pm

Back to top Go down

Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next