MERCENARIES OF ANARCHY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are now viewing the old site of MoA. Proceed to Discord.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]

Go down 
+6
Ninja-Badger
slayerxD
Kerns
ѕαιит
Kyu
Sinner
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sinner
Dead Orbit Unit
Sinner

Ammo : 535378

Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:21 pm

I think I understand that...but then who calls out the odds (the ratios)?
Back to top Go down
Kerns
Raging Demon
Raging Demon
Kerns

Ammo : 515756

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:24 pm

Well the odds would be different in each category and determinate on skill. So what I would do on this next game night is keep track of everyone's downs, executions, deaths and total them up for each person and then assign odds depending on how they rank. Only crazy outliers would get large odds where as most of us would float in the 2:1 - 3:1 areas.
Back to top Go down
Sinner
Dead Orbit Unit
Sinner

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:29 pm

oh so it's based on skill. Shit, I was thinking more simple with like bounties for highest X with the buy-in total.

Task : % of total buy-in
Highest downs : 50%
Highest executions : 35%
Highest deaths : 5%
Highest revives : 10%

Goes without saying you have to be a part of the buy-in to be considered for these bounties.

if we do use the odds thing you said, kerns, I'd be more than happy to have you handle that as a mod. I can just be a banker/overseer lol.
Back to top Go down
Kerns
Raging Demon
Raging Demon
Kerns

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:34 pm

You could do that but if multiple people all put bets on the same person to get the most downs, and that person wins then you are splitting the pot up so many ways on top of the total pot being split in half. So if the total pot is 200 and 3 people win picking the person for most downs then each person would get 33 or so ammo. Having fixed odds is a way to prevent split winnings lol.

Alright haha, not to weasel my way into moderatorship or anything but I would happily be your bookie lol.

Last edited by Kerns on Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sinner
Dead Orbit Unit
Sinner

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:40 pm

Kerns wrote:

Alright haha, not to weasel my way into moderatorship or anything but I would happily be your bookie lol.

ain't weaseling when you clearly know how it works and I happen to need a bookie. I definitely could use two if someone else is good with math and betting. You would only control this portion of the board too.
Back to top Go down
Sinner
Dead Orbit Unit
Sinner

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:44 pm

i don't have on the job training. you gotta know it beforehand. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rabbe

Rabbe

Ammo : 6568

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:48 pm

Odds would be stupid to have. Who would set the odds? He'd have to watch everyone play and then decide on who he thinks is good and shit.
Back to top Go down
Kerns
Raging Demon
Raging Demon
Kerns

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Alright well for this game night we will stick to the calling out bets like we have been, but I will make sure to keep a record of all our stats as we play so I can set up something for the following game night. :3 We can also keep calling out bets in the future about anything game related as long as there are people willing to take them haha.
Back to top Go down
Kerns
Raging Demon
Raging Demon
Kerns

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Rabbe wrote:
Odds would be stupid to have. Who would set the odds? He'd have to watch everyone play and then decide on who he thinks is good and shit.
I would set the odds and they wouldn't be based on my opinion but based on the numbers ie: who got the most downs, kills, deaths.
Back to top Go down
Rabbe

Rabbe

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Kerns wrote:
Alright well for this game night we will stick to the calling out bets like we have been, but I will make sure to keep a record of all our stats as we play so I can set up something for the following game night. :3 We can also keep calling out bets in the future about anything game related as long as there are people willing to take them haha.
The thing about that though is that you don't know if let's say Sinner does pretty poorly and you give him like 10/1 that he'll win a round next time we play but he might've been playing 24/7 that week which would make those odds stoopid
Back to top Go down
Rabbe

Rabbe

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:53 pm

iNx wrote:
How would that translate for other games, would there always be a time when everyone plays with no odds just to get stats for the odds for the new games, or what about a new player ?
I'd play shitty the first time to get my odds up and then bet all mah ammo on myself next round
Back to top Go down
Sinner
Dead Orbit Unit
Sinner

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:54 pm

Rabbe wrote:
iNx wrote:
How would that translate for other games, would there always be a time when everyone plays with no odds just to get stats for the odds for the new games, or what about a new player ?
I'd play shitty the first time to get my odds up and then bet all mah ammo on myself next round

as if you can bet on yourself. nice try.
Back to top Go down
Sinner
Dead Orbit Unit
Sinner

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:55 pm

i'm weary about gifting ammo.
Back to top Go down
Rabbe

Rabbe

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:57 pm

I'll make a new account on here and get a second ps3 and then I'll bet on myself.

HA
Back to top Go down
Kerns
Raging Demon
Raging Demon
Kerns

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Well the odds would change and vary over the course of game nights, they wouldn't be totally static. Meaning if Sin plays shit this week and his odds are high, and then plays great next week his odds will shoot way back down. Betting is not fool proof, I am sure you have seen movies where the bets have been fixed, fighters taking a dive ect. Bets are risky by nature and there no way to totally secure them, I would hope you guys are sincere enough to not pull that kind of shit :p
Back to top Go down
Devil
Cult of Personality
Cult of Personality
Devil

Ammo : 11818

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:58 pm

*Takes a dive

Back to top Go down
Sinner
Dead Orbit Unit
Sinner

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:58 pm

too late. fucking swede jocky strap (rabbe) is already scheming.

Perhaps let's go slow with it on every TLOU gamenight we have. This weekend, we'll start with simple bounties for most downs/exe/deaths/revives for now. Using those statistics, Kerns and I will determine the odds and we'll try it next gamenight? sound good? I will make this a forum tonight and set up the gamenight buy-in thread. I will say right now, you MUST BUY IN ahead of time to be a part of it. Unsure what to do if you don't show and you bought in, probably will just take your ammo away Razz

Last edited by Sinner on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sinner
Dead Orbit Unit
Sinner

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:02 pm

could randomize the odds somehow? or is that not how it works?
Back to top Go down
Kerns
Raging Demon
Raging Demon
Kerns

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:03 pm

iNx wrote:
Would depend on the game and what we could use to create odds and bet on, the thing about bets is you can basically gamble on any aspect you want, the trouble is finding the objective data to make odds for it. As far as creating them for a new game we could so Sin's idea about having a basic pot split depending on the total amount bet for the first game night to get the data needed to start getting the odds for later game nights, and new players joining in would get a basic 2:1 odd until after I could get the data from them playing to adjust and give them an appropriate odd rating.
Back to top Go down
Sinner
Dead Orbit Unit
Sinner

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:13 pm

iNx wrote:
Alright kerns you seem to have an answer for it all, id be game for a shot at this.

Also been reading up on odds and betting lines... Sin Wink

Kerns just impressed me on steam. He'll be the judge for the 2nd bookie.
Back to top Go down
ѕαιит
Dead Cell
ѕαιит

Ammo : 523103

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Sinner wrote:
iNx wrote:
Alright kerns you seem to have an answer for it all, id be game for a shot at this.

Teaching you how to bet? :p
Back to top Go down
Sinner
Dead Orbit Unit
Sinner

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:14 pm

ain't about how to bet, it's how it works :Pbetting is easy. you pick a competitor and lay down your life savings. isn't that how it works? He showed me what they do with my life savings.
Back to top Go down
Kerns
Raging Demon
Raging Demon
Kerns

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Sinner wrote:
iNx wrote:

Haha, well I have the numbers aspect, now we just need the muscle... :3
Back to top Go down
Sinner
Dead Orbit Unit
Sinner

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:18 pm

that rabbe scared imma do shitty and then just rape everything out of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Sinner
Dead Orbit Unit
Sinner

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Kerns wrote:
Sinner wrote:
iNx wrote:

Haha, well I have the numbers aspect, now we just need the muscle... :3

why did i think of devil for hounding ppl for their owed money?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]   Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Announcements [BETA TEST THREAD. WILL BE DELETED SHORTLY]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next